Monday, March 15, 2021

#30 Virtual Road trip Day 6

  For my final adventure #30 We’re taking a virtual trip through Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona.  We’ll be taking virtual tours of different national parks and monuments as well as other attractions, watching baseball games on tv and trying to recreate some of our favorite restaurants and foods. Make sure to follow along for my daily post with pictures, links and videos.

Day 6

Our first stop of our last full day in Phoenix was the Desert Botanical Garden.  This is one of my favorite botanical gardens I’ve visited over the years. Watching this video tour brought back some great memories.  I really enjoyed looking at all the different cacti and the large variety of other plants.  Here are some pictures I took in the past.

 









 Desert Botanical Garden | Phoenix Arizona RV Travel Destination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcicDvXmy4c


Next we watched the Rockies vs Mariners game on tv. 



This was an alright game for a spring training game.  Along with the game we had some nachos. 

This was individual nacho cheese cups with tamed jalapeños (regular are too hot for me) with round tortilla chips just like at the ballpark.

Nothing too exciting happened during the game until the walk off homerun from Greg Bird that I missed because I was eating my nachos.

We finished off our day with Snickerdoodles.  This reminded me of a restaurant in Phoenix called Chino Bandido, which gave you a snickerdoodle with your meal.

1 comment: