Thursday, June 13, 2019

#12 Ansel Adams early works display Longmont CO


May 15, 2019



The Longmont museum had an Ansel Adams early works display that I thought would be interesting to see so my parents and I took a trip to Longmont for the day. We went to mostly see the Ansel Adams display but we figured we could see the rest of what they had. When we arrived we paid our admission fees eight dollars for me and five dollars for my parents.

This was a display of his early works I thought these black-and-white pictures were very interesting. Most of them were nature pictures mountains, lakes, trees and what not. I especially liked his pictures of the trees one of aspens, one of trees with snow and various others and also a plain basic road picture. There was quite a few pieces of old photo equipment in the exhibit as well. 

Once we were done with that exhibit we went to see the rest of the museum. Their next display had Longmont history and was an all right exhibit but just not very big. After this we went out in the courtyard which had a nice place to sit and rest. After a while we went back in to see what else they had. We took the elevator up to the second floor where they had a small display about an Astronaut from Longmont and then to the third-floor which just had a kid’s play area. After that we looked at a few pictures they had in the classrooms and that was about it. 

I thought the Ansel Adams exhibit display was rather interesting and was glad I was able to see it but I was rather disappointed in the rest of the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment