Thursday, March 28, 2019

#11 Bird watching Gilbert, Arizona and Chandler, Arizona


Awhile back I decided that bird watching might be a fun thing to try out, so while in Arizona we did just that.  The first day we visited the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch in Gilbert, Arizona.  This was a little bit of a chilly and cloudy day.  This preserve has multiple ponds and trails with plenty of benches and places to watch birds.  

On day two we visited Veterans Oasis Park in Chandler, Arizona. This day was excessively hot with not so much shade. The ponds here were harder to get to and watch for birds.  At both places I got a bird list which I didn’t really use while there. I also got my camera ready and looked for and tried to take pictures of as many different birds as I could.  Then when I got home I compared my pictures to pictures on allaboutbirds.org and used my bird lists to identify the different birds.

Here are the birds I got good pictures of and could identify. (I think)

 American Coot

 

 Cinnamon Teal
 


 Great Egret



 Least Sandpiper


 

 Black-necked Stilt



 
 Gadwall

 

   American Avocet



   Canada Goose



Mallard



Gambel's Quail



 
Snowy Egret
 


 Great-tailed Grackle


I had a lot of fun spending time outside looking for birds, taking pictures and then trying to identify each bird. Bird watching is definitely something I would enjoy doing in the future.

1 comment:

  1. You certainly have a talent for photography. Great photos.
    CC

    ReplyDelete