Tuesday, February 2, 2021

#25 O Lego Christmas tree


This past Christmas I decided to build my own Christmas tree out of Legos.  The previous year I made a small tree, but the branches were not very strong.  So I wanted to make a larger and stronger tree.  First I started by testing a couple of branch ideas and came up with a design to have different branch layers with 4 branches, one going in each direction but still connected together. For the branches I had to take standard bricks and then put a layer of flat bricks on each side. This basically made a sandwich and made pretty strong branches. Then I had to build the brown tree trunk around the branches. Underneath the tree I made a pretty solid base and built various different color and sizes of packages/ supports.  Then we found various Legos; clear, colored, round, squares to decorate the tree.  By the time I was finished my tree was 30 inches tall and I used about 2,100 Legos


This was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I can’t wait to start my next bigger and better Lego project which might possibly be a saguaro cactus.


No comments:

Post a Comment