Monday, November 19, 2018

# 8 Ogden's George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park - Ogden Utah


August 17, 2018


My parents and I were visiting Ogden, Utah and on a Friday that was a rather hot day in the 90s we visited the George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park. First we went inside and paid our admission fee. This park has an inside and outside part.  We decided to go to the outside part first and figured after we got hot outside we could go inside and cool down.   







Outside had a main path around with dinosaurs to look at including a T. Rex, a stegosaurus, a triceratops, a pterodactyl, a brontosaurus and my favorite the Ankylosaurus. There were also a bunch of grassy areas with trees and some shade here and there. 


There were also a few trails that went off the main loop. I went down one and I wish I hadn’t as part of it was a turn that was really steep and a little bit nerve-racking trying to drive down it. 



There were also dinosaur footprints that were fascinating to look at.  After a while outside we were hot so we went inside.  We walked through a decent sized room with dinosaur skeletons.  After checking that out we then went upstairs where they had a gem and mineral display. I really enjoyed this and especially the colored gems of various colors purple, green and orange plus some that looked fuzzy were interesting to me. After a while here we were tired so we rested a bit in the parking lot and then left and headed for dinner.

 I had quite a day at the George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park although I wish it wasn’t so hot.  I really enjoyed looking at all the dinosaurs and being outside as well as checking out the skeletons and gems and minerals inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment